Saturday, July 28, 2012

Goodbye

I was retrenched by this heartless company on 24th Jul which I can finally say goodbye to:

- the old and smelly toilet on 5th floor (one pathetic cubicle too)
- ugly factory like office
- lousy pantry with nothing inside except diamond water
- having to climb 5 storeys up & down everyday because the fireman lift can only take 6 people at most
- having to work extra 15min everyday
- the lousy seat assigned...where i have to face my boss and the MD
- no lunch partner which makes me look like a loner
- having to walk 15min to and fro to the bus stop

I was called into meeting which the MD announced this shocking decision: We had to go immediately. There wasn't even any pre-warning about the cessation of the HQ support. Anyway on hindsight, I could have foresee this move but I did not have a valid reason to change job at this point in time. The division was not doing well....especially for the past 6 Quarters...affected by the European crisis...our HQ cost makes up I think 20% of the profits...if I were the management, I'll perhaps arrange for transfer to other divisions where they need people. This company simply chopped us off.

I would say I have gotten used to this company for the last 11 months....but I didnt feel the least appreciated by the management. I don't know what happened. They just disliked my boss and kept picking on her. I also didnt feel that dependence on me by my boss. I guess if you're not valued, you probably will get axed soon. Glad that I learnt alot from this role but it was sad that things have to turn out this way.

Job search has begun the next day. The immediate priority is to update my resume and get the process going...I cannot afford to be out of job too long...makes me feel "lugi" I feel that market is alot better than 1yr ago....at least 5 to 6 calls from agents for the past 2 days. It could be market is good, which I can get a job easily, or maybe because I have added another year of experience to my resume...

Posted by Chong at 12:21 AM