Saturday, July 28, 2012
FML
Never felt this way before. Guess if you never make comparisions, you probably won't feel imbalanced. I did, and that's why I feel shortchanged....
I think currently is one of the lowest point in my life...firstly, never did I expect to get retrenched at 27 (WTF...y do you retrench PEANUTS).
People around me are telling me they are super lucky lately while I am super down on my luck. Example: the secretary gotten a job offer the moment she got the retrenchment letter. She subsequent told me about the benefits of the company which made me DROOL. Another one is that my good friend had an offer to be the Branch Manager of the company....like indefinate income will be flowing into his pockets soon....on top of the big fat 5 digit monthly pay he will get....and a lump sum 6 digit compensation for joining (makes me wonder how these financial companies shamelessly earn the SWEAT money of commoners that fast and easily)
The final straw is...I had a junior that just completed ACCA which i introduced him to my ex-ex-company last year....and I finally got to know his pay today. His influential boss was super nice to him to the extend a fresh grad is paid the same I am paid for my 2nd job (yes, after factoring in the increment). The HR shamelessly told me they couldn't match up the increment that I wanted and asked me to go (p.s. $200 higher than what I would actually have been entitled). And yes....this expected pay that I wanted is exactly what they paid my freshly grad junior.
All these stories actually made me realized how unlucky I've been....what a failure I am. Is it me, or is it that I have ran out of luck? When can I really walk out of this darkness? When can lady luck start smiling at me?
I really hope it will happen within the next 2 weeks.
Ya...morale of the story is....good things never happen to me, I have never won a single lucky draw and bad things always happen to me. WHY.
Posted by Chong at 12:39 AM